Senior Developer - Co-op FPS Game
On bad days we make good games. On good days we make genres. Bossa Studios is always focusing on making original, never before seen experiences.
Working with Creative Director Chet Faliszek (Left4Dead, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2), we are making a first person shooter game built around an AI-driven emergent narrative system (See http://www.bossastudios.com/ai/ if you are wondering what that means!). Everyone is a designer on the team, and developers are strongly encouraged to come up with and deliver fun and innovative features that contribute to the vision of the game.
As part of the programming team you will be working on an upcoming multiplayer title that will be pushing into new places with narrative and systemic gameplay. We are looking for a senior developer with experience in C# and working in 3D who thrives in a challenging and creative environment.
- Designing code architecture, implementing, debugging, optimising systems to extend the game feature set.
- Ensuring quality of the code you write, creating amazing gameplay experiences in a clean, efficient, and polished way.
- Contributing to the design of the project, delivering features from idea to implementation to support
- Helping your team at large with solving technical issues.
- Supporting your fellow programmers with code, design reviews.
- Participating in all of Bossa’s games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concept during our regular game jams.
- Care for providing great experience to players, proving out great ideas never seen before and growing them together with our gaming community.
- Yearning for improvement through honest feedback from your peers and the community.
- Belief that “the best way” is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome.
- A sense of initiative and proactivity in bringing solutions that contributes to the outstanding quality of our games
- Passion for making and playing games across genres.
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving complex technical problems.
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience with delivering code for action games, having shipped at least 1 complete action game.
- Experience working on a FPS game project is considered a strong asset
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine is considered an asset
We have quarterly game jams, where you can help figure out what our next big game will be, possibility for flexible working hours, 22+ days of holiday a year and whole lot more amazing benefits here at Bossa!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80912673