We are looking for a Qualified/ Finalist Management Accountant to join a leading services business based in the Swanley, Kent area.
Reference No: HT14616
Management Accountant - About The Role
Our client, are a multi-faceted services business that embark on a number of projects for a variety of clients across the country. They provide a supportive environment that will give you the opportunity to progress and drive your career forward.
Working as the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for an allocated portfolio of project companies, supporting the Financial Controller with managing the outputs of the accounting and finance team in relation to these projects.
As the Management Accountant you will also take responsibility for the overall delivery of invoicing, credit control and creditor payment processes whilst maintaining the financial records of the projects.
As the Management Accountant your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts, including reviews and commentary
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the annual operating budget for review and approval
- Maintain the statutory books and manage the statutory audit process
- Prepare draft annual statutory accounts for review
- Plus, a host of additional duties
The successful Management Accountant will have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- Hold a full accountancy qualification or be at the final stages of study (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of both Management Accounts and Statutory Accounts
- Have the ability to communicate to all levels of staff, including challenging and gaining reasons
- Able to prepare reports and commentary to high standard
- Take a proactive approach to the work load
Management Accountant - Benefits
- This position will be working within a supportive environment that will give you the opportunity to learn and develop further
- You will be paid a competitive salary and also have a comprehensive benefits package which includes 27 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and an 8% Pension.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80908877