We are a well-established Financial Services company who are recognised in the Pension sector. Due to expansion, we are seeking a Pensions Administrator to join our existing team and with over 30 years’ worth of experience, we have regularly won Financial Advisor Service awards and continue to expand.
The Pensions Administrator role is based within our Head Office in Godalming providing administration support regarding a range of pension schemes. We are seeking candidates with pensions experience and a working knowledge of SIPP and/or SASS.Additionally a working knowledge of Defined Contribution Plans and/or Defined Benefit Plans would be advantageous.
Working 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm, we can offer a competitive salary of up to £30K plus free parking, 25 days’ holiday, life cover, private healthcare and a company pension.
The Pensions Administrator will look after an allocated client base, dealing with all enquiries from establishment to winding up.
The main duties will be:-
- Preparing all necessary documentation for the consultants to present to the clients, including initial actuarial reports.
- Collating information, preparing first draft analysis of clients other pension arrangements.
- Obtaining transfer value quotes and organising transfers.
- Drafting submissions for the Inland Revenue and following up to ensure approval.
- Carrying out other administrative tasks on the ‘establishment checklist’.
- Attending scheme registration, drafting standard deeds and liaising with relevant third parties.
- Assisting consultants in preparation of advice on special situations when required.
- Preparation of standard client letters/consultant reminders.
- Reviewing and maintaining life cover arrangements.
- Providing information to Accountants in relation to transfers in special cases.
- Assisting consultants by researching and or/obtaining quotations for investments from a list of investment options.
- Calculating loan interest when due, billing it where necessary.
- Organising the reporting of all PSO reportable transactions within statutory deadlines.
- Processing self-assessment tax returns, preparing and submitting scheme VAT returns and ensuring VAT payments/refunds are made on time.
- At retirement, organising the payment of lump sums and/or pension benefits.
- Any other administrative actions required for each scheme.
To be considered for the Pension Administrator role, you should have recent working knowledge of pensions in general, with a good understanding of SIPPS and/or SASS, Defined Contribution Plans or Defined Benefit Plans. You will also possess excellent PC Skills and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
In return we can offer the opportunity to work for a well-established organisation with an excellent salary and benefits, with opportunities to progress and undertake further studies to progress your career if desired.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80909305