Software Engineer - UK wide
You'll be working for one of our major Public Sector clients.Working on site with a client can provide considerable benefits to a project such as faster decision making, reduced misunderstanding and closer collaboration but we understand very well that this has to be balanced with the need for flexible working.
The focus of your role
We want passionate, energetic software engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We're looking for developers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You'll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you'll do
- You'll work with great engineers - at the end of the day of the day it's all about people. Capgemini has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other develop. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
- You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few.
- You'll help us achieve our vision - the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
- You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - constant learning through modern learning environments such as Safari Online, A Cloud Guru and the Capgemini University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons and much, much more.
What you'll bring
We are looking for developers with a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
- A strong software engineering background in Java.
- Working in a client facing role in an agile environment.
- Delivering web-based digital services, REST APIs and/or complex integration solutions.
- Hands-on experience with modern software architectures such as microservices.
- Development frameworks such as Spring, Play!, Dropwizard, Camel, AngularJS and React.
- Working with modern test tools and frameworks such as REST Assured, Cucumber, Mockito, WireMock and SonarQube.
- Relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Core XP practices such as TDD, CI/CD and pair programming.
- Continuous delivery in a cloud-based environment.
- Working in a DevOps environment using tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518377