Providing analysis of financial data to produce management reporting information for decision making.
- Understand and conform to the standards contained within the company Standards of Business Ethics Conduct
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective production of monthly management information.
- Prepare, agree and issue all aspect of the Annual Operating Plans and subsequent forecasts to senior management.
- Analyse and report on specific areas including the impact of foreign currency movements and movements in working capital.
- Proactively explore opportunities to maximise cash management and manage profitability.
- Prepare and analyse month-end Management Accounts for the company, exercising judgement in selection and application of information.
- Develop the company's dashboard reporting model to ensure the most appropriate KPIs are monitored.
- Working with Programme Managers accurately forecast project associated revenues and costs.
- Proactively highlight risks and opportunities to the business using a range of management accounting techniques and communicate effectively to the key stakeholders.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes.
- Lead projects or project steps within broad projects.
- Accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Contribute to process improvements.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Occasionally lead the work of small project teams; provide informal guidance to junior staff.
- In-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Ability to resolve complex problems and work independently where precedent may not exist
- Ability to resolve problems using existing solutions
- Demonstrable experience of working independently with minimal guidance
- Proven experience in a similar role and ideally experience of producing management information in an international organisation.
- Exposure to overhead accounting, project accounting and impact of currency movements.
Hours and Pay:
- Monday - Friday 37.5 hours
- Free parking
- Circa £40,000 per annum
Part of a worldwide group, this company has had year on year growth of approx. 10% for the past 8 years, offering a very sustainable, secure business who are the market leader in the product that they manufacture. They are a highly professional organisation, who are incredibly proud of their traditions and cultures. To go with the standard package and benefits, they offer excellent facilities, support and training, they were one of the first companies in the UK to hold the Investors in People Gold Award, and truly are an excellent employer of choice.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80905779