The successful candidate will join a team that provides services for use by business aligned application delivery organizations, across all layers of the software stack, which may include application interface services, productivity and collaboration tools, and data integration solutions.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Support the group wide agenda:
- SDLC Automation: Automate the delivery of applications through the SDLC; deliver a build pipeline for application development focused on Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Developer Enablement: Standardize on strategic developer frameworks, develop reference architectures and guides, and drive application development best practices.
- SDLC Process: Define key application delivery processes and methodology. Align the business around a common SDLC to enable development teams to adopt minimally necessary process steps for application delivery
- Talent: Develop and enhance talent and skills of developers to recognize, retain, and develop technologists.
- Metrics: Define and collect metrics to enable a continual learning environment that improves time to market and delivery of business value.
- Help managing the development, implementation and on-going management of GTI best-practice software development frameworks and tools:
- Coach and support each GTI AD team in driving a sustainable process that leads to greater SDLC practices, code quality, increased time-to-market, application resiliency, scalability and security
- Help in the definition of GTI wide standards for frameworks, development tools and development practices
- Deliver and maintain a measurement framework to drive continual service improvement building on the capabilities already provided through the firm-wide tools and programs
- Regularly maintain and publish proactive "Development Practices Playbook" with development best practices
- Collaborate with other GTI teams to drive CDO/Agile/Risk/Security agenda
- Support the firmwide technology governance processes in ensuring all requests for the use of new or controlled/exception software products in GTI are supported by a valid business justification
Key Skills and traits:
- Strong Influencer - value based selling - manage stakeholder objections - knows the audience
- Excellent communicator - ability to adapt between an executive and technical audience
- Self-starter, motivated, change agent
- Creative thinker, gets the right balance between following the best practice and driving forward
- Analytical mind, capability to go get the skills required to get the job done
- Ability to collaborate in a global matrix managed organization
- Big enough personality to challenge functional managers around service, and drive global resolution of issues
- 15+ years IT Service Delivery throughout the lifecycle (strategy/design/transition/ops)
- 10+ years application development experience with sound knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Experience of coaching Application Development teams
- Experience in Agile SDLC methodologies and CI/CD
- Experience in customer facing roles with a sound knowledge of the banking industry
- Consultative sales and negotiation - proven track record to manage senior stakeholders / customers
- Sufficient understanding of IT Service Management practices to drive the CDO agenda across all aspects of the service lifecycle
- Core strength in managing exec stakeholders; developing, building and maintaining effective relationships
- Broad experience of all infrastructure technologies - demonstrable success in managing different infrastructure technology
- IT Service Management methodologies e.g. ITIL, MOF
- Quality Management methodologies e.g. CMMI, Six Sigma, TQM, COBIT
- Project management methodologies e.g. PMP, Prince
Qualifications and education
- BSc (Hons) level or equivalent industry experience
- ITIL v3 (education and understanding required - accreditation helpful)
- Any of the following will be helpful: CMMI, Six Sigma, TQM, COBIT, Agile, Lean, RUP, SSADM etc
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516619