Product Quality Team Leader
Product Quality Team Leader
For 70 years my client has proudly designed and manufactured cutting edge, stylish, high quality industry leading products. They currently seek a Product Quality Team Leader who is responsible for specific product category quality conformance from conception and development and throughout the product life cycle.
Benefits include a competitive salary, bonus, healthcare, 25 days annual holiday, fantastic company pension scheme plus a host of excellent employee benefits.
- Total Quality Ownership for specific product categories ensuring they meet the agreed product requirements and are fit for purpose - this includes product evaluation, validation testing and safety compliance ensuring that products successfully meet and maintain the necessary internal, external, international or country specific standard requirements for safety, legislation and quality.
- Management of quality team
- Identifying and leading product improvement activities using statistical trend data and route cause analysis techniques.
- Liaise with suppliers / customers, consumer councils & worldwide quality teams.
- Achieve performance results in line with company & departmental business objectives
- Generation, collation and storage of all quality documentation during New Product Development.
- Creating and maintenance of quality validation test plans.
- Generating and presenting a comprehensive summary of historical product quality data.
- Ensuring full product compliance to all applicable legislative requirements.
- Undertake detailed investigations of complex technical issues and identify robust solutions.
- Drive post production corrective actions and continuous improvement activities by fully supporting Technical Service Department on quality related field reported issues.
- Accurate recording and analysis of multiple data measurements.
- Creation of internal / reworking instructions where applicable.
- Participation in Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis and Product Failure.
- To lead technical reviews at all levels.
- Responsible for Quality approval of engineering changes.
- Managing the Bonding and Release process for product quality related issues.
- Mentoring / coaching and personal development of all team members through appraisals ad team meetings
Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC / HND or degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Experience of team management
- Quality Assurance experience of NPI on electro / mechanical products
- Electronics fault finding and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Presentation skills
- Chartered or working towards professional registration - desirable
- Experience with consumer products containing UX designs and / or RF capability - desirable
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518441