We are looking for an Engineering Apprentice to be based in our Production facility with excellent rates of pay and accredited training.
We are a Leader in Access Control Systems, based in Llantarnam, Cwmbran. Our in-house design team has extensive experience in all areas of product development, including hardware, firmware and software. We work closely with our chosen technology partners to provide first class solutions for our customers.
We encourage enthusiasm and high standards within our team, which is reflected in our long-standing Investors in People accreditation. Could you be our next team member? You will be supported with accredited training over a period of 2-4 years depending on your base skills and qualifications at entry.
·Are you are passionate about developing electronic products in our production facility by being trained, coached and mentored in building and testing our products?
·Do you have bags of determination and drive and want to make the most of opportunities and challenges that come your way
.Do you have the following values, collaboration, integrity, innovation and reliability as core to who you are? If so, then we want to hear from you.
Duties include providing support to the Production, Technical and Development teams. Assemble and test products to the agreed specification within agreed timeframes
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Build products to meet the production schedule
- Program electronic assembly – hand placing components on PCBs
- Program electronic boards with correct firmware as required
- Number and program cards/fobs as required
- To make modifications and repairs as required
- Test all products to ensure quality is maintained
- To receive and inspect deliveries from suppliers as required
- Support goods in, ensuring items are stored correctly
- To label and pack finished products
- Picking of orders, Packing of Goods for Dispatch as required
- Assist with booking out orders with relevant courier companies as required
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services
- Assist with the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to health and safety and quality management
- Evaluate/test products and produce reports to justify acceptance or rejection, this includes internally developed or bought in products from other partners
- Assist with product Return & Repairs as per the guidelines
- Provide technical support to customers via email, telephone and face to face
- Support and attend exhibition events as required
Skills and Experience Required :
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office suite
- Understanding of electronic hardware and components
- Problem Solving, Logical thinking and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, questioning and presentation skills, an ability to interact confidently with clients to establish the problem and explain solution
- Effective time management skills, be self-motivated, be able to work as part of a team or independently, be able to quickly adapt to dynamic and complex environments, have a “can do” attitude, react quickly to business needs
- Experience within a Manufacturing or other work environment
- 5 GCSE’s at Grade A*- C/ 9 – 4 equivalent qualifications, including, Science, Maths and English
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80909756