Infrastructure Analyst (Datacentre)
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody with an interest in IT to step into a Infrastructure Analyst position with an opportunity to learn and develop in the IT services. You will be responsible for on-site support within the Huddersfield data centre. Performing functions on a variety of IT hardware, software applications and other equipment for SGTS (Saint-Gobain Technology Services).
The role also includes working a shift pattern to ensure schedules, overnight processing routines; backup schedules and system availability are optimised.
The IT team manages the process for all 30+ UK businesses and 17,000 employees. We are hard-working, focused and passionate about what we do; this coupled with our customer-centric attitude makes for a successful team that is essential part of the Saint-Gobain UK & Ireland group.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Infrastructure Analyst you will;
- Maintain optimum systems availability using automated tools and follow defined set procedures.
- Monitor and action active system alerts from a variety of applications and follow escalation paths
- Perform system housekeeping routines out of normal trading hours to minimise downtime to our customer base, these are varied and a necessity of the role.
- Participate in the implementation of Software Releases on a number of servers and applications.
- Resolve specific branch device problems and respond to IT related support issues as assigned within Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure all system and data backups complete within timescales and exceptions are logged and escalated as not to comprise SGTS DR Services.
- Partake in Data Centre duties, these include installation and de-commissioning of new servers, ensuring power requirements are sufficient, Air Conditioners, UPS and Generator are checked regularly.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Infrastructure Analyst specifically it is important that you have:
- A keen interest of building a career within the IT industry
- Formal IT qualifications.
- An understanding and preferable experience of Intel OS, UNIX.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup software, backup exec, TSM, netbackup
- Well organised with the ability to schedule and work with minimum supervision.
- The capability to follow, create and implement new processes as they evolve and show initiative.
- The capability to offer a support service committed to service level agreements.
- Excellent communication, customer service and people handling skills
- A willingness to be flexible, especially with regard to shift working
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Saint-Gobain Technology Services - a central hub that supports the UK and Ireland's 34 businesses with anything from Recruitment, Payroll, HR and Legal services, to name a few. Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries... Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Saint-Gobain Technology Services is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Saint-Gobain Technology Services or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516958