Electronics Technical Support Engineer
The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
We are looking for an Electronics Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team. This is an incredibly varied position where you will be responsible for fault finding, configuration, testing and calibration of our metering equipment, supporting the product manager with testing faulty equipment, training field engineers, product configuration and also working within the UKAS accredited laboratory to calibrate the metering solutions.
What does our site in Rochester do?
Siemens Networks provides Electrical and Gas Metering Systems & Services, has a long history of providing end-to-end electrical Solutions for networks metering and monitoring. We provide specialist and proven design capability, manufacturing, testing and commissioning in dedicated facilities. At our UKAS accredited laboratory we build high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits. Our solutions are used by National Grid, major UK power stations, ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi and others.
Would I be the right fit?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electronics Technical Support Engineer who has a keen interest in communications equipment to join a growing and progressive business. There are career progression opportunities and as this is a incredibly varied position, it will enable you to learn, develop and grow as an engineer within a world- class organisation.
What will my role cover?
- To support our customers and/or field engineers with fault finding and diagnosis of metering equipment. This support could be over the telephone or will require you to visit on site.
- You will support the product manager with the testing of faulty equipment.
- To support our clients and/or field engineers by training them as to how to use and configure the equipment.
- You will also work within our laboratory and support our calibration engineer to calibrate energy meters and also carry out monthly checks of laboratory instruments
- Review procedures and other internal documents in accordance with internal review program
Are my skills and experience suitable?
- An Electronics Degree or equivalent is essential
- Understanding of communication equipment such as; Modems, TCP-IP Ethernet networking and communication protocols
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of people
- The willingness to learn and develop your knowledge and skill base
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants, in particular where part-time working is required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518372