HP-UX System Engineer
My Client based in Strasbourg is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer. Initial contract is untill end of the year with annual extensions.
You will be responsible to
- Maintain the HP-UX - Redhat - Clustering Infrastructure
- Acknowledge, troubleshoot and resolve tickets that are assigned to the team in a correct way.
- Escalate incidents internally or to 3rd party partners when required.
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
- Maintains and adapts the configuration of server software and system components lifecycle Management;
- Maintains the infrastructure: Incident resolution, Problem resolution;
- Troubleshooting, co-ordination with third party suppliers as well as with the central IT department of the customer;
- Advises the project team and us in areas such as capacity management;
- Contingency planning, environment planning, configuration management and other relevant tasks related to the role;
- Designs and implements HPUX solutions;
- Maintains the relevant documents/manuals describing the system and its infrastructure;
- Participate in standby 7x24 (1 week per month);
- Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects post closure analysis to the Incident/Problem Manager and/or the Technical Team Leader;
- Provides input to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions;
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h30 and 18h30 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
Employment and technical/certification requirements:
- HP-UX technology (Servers - Virtualization - Blades - C7000 Enclosures - HPUX 11.31)
- HP-UX Service Guard Cluster- LVM - Ignite
- Redhat - Pacemaker Cluster
- VMware Virtualization & Clustering
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum B2, Ideally C1)
- Preferable 2nd language: French
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of administration/operations of HPUX systems.
Please send an updated CV for an immediate start.
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515866