Accounting and Reporting Manager, Spirit Energy
The job holder will be responsible for the aggregation, explanation, review and challenge of the results of Spirit Energy.
The job holder will standardise and enhance reporting, providing governance and support for the regional finance teams. Ensure execution of high quality and timely monthly, quarterly and half-yearly external reporting.
In addition, the individual will satisfy management information requirements to a variety of stakeholders to deliver on the business objectives as required.
- Develop strong working relationships, positively influencing outcomes with a varied list of internal and external stakeholders including:
- Spirit Energy Asset Finance teams including FC, FP&A and Finance Partners;
- Shareholder Team & Centrica Group functions; &
- Internal and External Auditors
- Lead the month-end process in a timely and high quality manner, which includes:
- Integrity review (P&L) process with FP&A and FP stakeholders;
- Reviewing the Spirit Energy geographic tax bookings;
- Facilitation and management of Spirit Energy ledger closing;
- Reviewing, and aggregation, of the territorial CF;
- Produce a suite of KPIs and metrics to highlight potential areas of improvement in the regional processes / control environments;
- Participate in the Spirit Technical Accounting Issues Log process and drive robust understanding of key accounting judgements
- Identify and respond to accounting issues as they arise at month end and advise regions on compliance with IFRS
- Responsible for planning and execution of quarter, half and year end Spirit reporting procedures including Impairment and SUP processes
- Manage the year end and half year external reporting processes - acting as lead interface with external auditors ensuring any issues are highlighted and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with internal policy, shareholder requirements (UK and Germany) and external audit and regulatory standards
- Support the Consolidation Manager in their role, which includes:
- Ad-hoc technical accounting issues arising in Spirit – helping to drive issues through to resolution;
- Advising the business on significant transactions (e.g. acquisitions, disposals) to ensure they are accurately reflected in the accounting systems.
- Support the Financial Controller, Corporate in implementation of the controls agenda, which includes:
- Drive and monitor robust controls in the Financial Statement Close Process; &
- Completing defined financial controls and provide appropriate supporting evidence in “ARIS”
- Facilitate and accommodate changes in BAU processes, optimising current workflows:
- Drive process improvement and standardisation in relation to accounting and financial planning;
- Oversee rebuilding of excel models;
- Assume role of Super User for BPC (and SAP if appropriate), supporting other members of finance team as appropriate and advising on issues and reviewing change requests.
- Facilitate and accommodate changes in the environments as part of change initiatives
- Provide support to Financial Controller, E&P in achieving their agenda
- Lead and develop the Spirit Energy Analyst
- Qualified accountant with post qualification experience
- Track record of managing and driving business control within an international E&P or similar business
- Experience of roles preparing, aggregating and challenging financial information
- Experience in dealing with varied stakeholders through matrix working
- Experiencing of working in a team with varied stakeholders
- Experience of SAP ERP preferred
- Strong financial and technical accounting skills and knowledge, experience with consolidation of a multi-currency Group based on IFRS
- Strong Excel capability – experience of building / re-building models preferred
- Influencing skills and ability to challenge territory accountants and management
- Demonstrable record of improving systems and processes
- Flexible team player, culturally sensitive and able to adapt management style to accommodate different business environments.
Competitive salary and benefits.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80702763