Group Financial Reporting Accountant
An exciting and exclusive opportunity has arisen for a Group Financial Reporting Accountant in Manchester/Cheshire. This large insurance business are looking to add to their offering with an additional Group Financial Reporting Accountant.
You will be responsible for the external reporting within a team of five to produce the annual statutory accounts, looking for any changes or variances, reporting on these results and presenting them to board members and committees.
- Preparing Group quarterly, interim and annual accounts,
- Analysis and interpretation of finance and business data to present to board members and committees,
- Developing and maintain strong and effective working relationships with Regional Finance Teams,
- Recommending delivery process changes to raise standards and improve operations,
- Improve department cost efficiency's,
- Partnering with wider teams and external auditors
- Production of the year end and half year press release.
- Challenge and review of data submitted for inclusion within the Annual Report and Accounts and press release, and verification work to support the statements made within the narrative reporting sections of the Annual Report and Accounts.
To be considered for this Group Financial Reporting Accountant position in Cheshire you do need to have the following experience and qualifications:
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Chartered accountant or equivalent.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Good report writing skills, tailored to different audiences
- Knowledge and work experience of the life insurance industry and insurance accounting
- Experience of preparing and / or auditing financial statements
- Good understanding of reporting in a financial services company
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office
If you would like to apply for this position then please do hesitate to send me your CV or call me.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516003