C++ Software Engineer
Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic, we love to solve problems and give travellers choices in how to pay their fares quickly and safely through our revenue management and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) systems and tools. We enable transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network - all in real time. We continually strive for innovation and improvement in the overall user experience through faster fare payment and efficient information management. Our track record in revenue management, real-time passenger information and intelligent traffic management systems is built on our commitment to delivering innovative, open and customer-focused solutions. Delivering end-to-end systems and services based on innovation, scalability, specialist integration and the flexibility to grow with changing requirements and emerging technology for the complete mobility network is what Cubic does best. We deliver to the major cities around the world and in the United Kingdom, we are best known as the technology and service provider for London's Oyster Card System.
- Using current programming language and technologies provide creative, through and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems.
- Share technical expertise within the department and other departments as requested.
- Analyse and contribute to system and subsystem requirements specifications and design definitions.
- Design, develop and test of applications and programs to support the company's products.
- Design, develop and test software programs following established quality standards and in accordance with CTS engineering procedures including coding, unit testing and software configuration control.
- Complete high and low level detailed software design specifications, storyboards and interface specifications.
- Provide support of products through conception to product delivery including problem solving, defect maintenance and support to customer services.
- Prepare reports, manuals, procedures and status reports.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
- Comply with Cubic's Quality Management System.
- Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
- Embedded Linux experience essential
- Strong C/C++ development skills essential
- Secure development lifecycle knowledge is desirable
- Previous experience of CTSL products/industry or similar is desirable.
- An experienced software engineer with a proven track record of specification, design and development of software.
- Demonstrate the ability to define test schedules and data requirements.
- Current knowledge of programming language and technologies.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516814