Lead Product Manager
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) along with Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are embarking on an ambitious and challenging digital transformation programme which will result in HMRC becoming one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) was set up in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world.
This role sits in the Cloud Delivery Group (CDG) which acts as the enabler for HMRC Delivery Groups to consume cloud services in a controlled and effective manner. We are creating the starting line for the evolution of all cloud services going forward. Working together between CDG and all delivery groups the solution will evolve whilst maintaining governance and security controls.
You will be responsible for a defined area of the services built on cloud. You will have responsibility for both service planning and promoting the benefits of the product/services. This includes managing the service throughout its lifecycle, gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements defining the product vision, and working closely with vendors and other areas of CDG, to deliver products/services that meet HMRC’s needs at appropriate value.
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience as a Product Manager and a strong understanding of cloud technologies. You will have experience in working in an agile environment and experience in dealing with multiple products. You will have strong communication skills and have a wealth of experience in understanding your customers’ needs and requirements.
Requirements (Essential and Desirable)
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate practical experience in the following key areas:
- A solid understanding of Public Cloud Provider products and services, in particular AWS and Azure. Have an understanding of how they can be best used to maximise value for money.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of industry trends and changes within Cloud and how these can be best utilised.
- Demonstrate experience in running an operational team, covering live service and BAU activities.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of hosting and infrastructure design principles and how these can be ‘templated’ across the different providers.
- Experience of engaging at a strategic level and playing a key role in setting organisational objectives, influencing policy and leading on technical and business change.
- Proven experience in developing Technical Capability within an organisation. Including empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards.
- Capability to articulate technical solutions to technical and non-technical people.
- Able to work effectively in pressurised situations and can be relied upon to deliver, irrespective of circumstances.
- Able to work in highly ambiguous situations and without supervision.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Working in an Agile environment, with Agile methodologies such as TDD, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
We don’t make candidates jump through hoops and want to make our recruitment process as straightforward as possible. If you are successful at the sift stage you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515608