My Client based in Strasbourg is looking for an experienced VMWare Engineer. Initial contract is untill end of the year with annual extensions.
- He/She will be responsible to:
- Maintain the VM Ware infrastructure.
- Acknowledge, troubleshoot and resolve tickets that are assigned to the team in a correct way.
- Escalate incidents internally or to 3rd party partners when required.
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
- The VMWare administrator must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
- Maintains and adapts the configuration of server software and system components lifecycle Management);
- Maintains VM Ware Infrastructure: Incident resolution, Problem resolution;
- Troubleshooting, co-ordination with third party suppliers as well as with the central IT department of the customer;
- Advises the project team and in areas such as capacity management;
- Contingency planning, environment planning, configuration management and other relevant tasks related to the role;
- Designs and implements VM Ware solutions;
- Maintains the relevant documents/manuals describing the system and its infrastructure;
- Participate in standby 7x24 (~1 week per quarter);
- Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects post closure analysis to the Incident/Problem Manager and/or the Technical Team Leader;
- Provides input in order to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions;
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h30 and 18h30 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
Employment and technical/certification requirements:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the specific ICT domains as described below
- At least 3 years' experience with VMWare version V5.5 (current) and V6 (new);
- Knowledge of server virtualization software (VMware vSphere, VMware ESX) and server clustering techniques (VMware);
- In depth knowledge, to support, install and design VMWare environments;
- Able to configure identity and access management (Windows Active Directory and LDAP) and centralized IT security policy management;
- Unix Redhat (preferable knowledge)
- Good communication skills
- Participating in standby (7*24) once per quarter;
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 processes.
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum B2, Ideally C1)
- Preferable 2nd language: French
- On-site premises in Strasbourg, France (no remote work is allowed)
- Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of administration/operations of storage and backup systems.
- VMWare Certified Professional (Specialization: DataCenter Virtualisation) VCP6-DCV
Please send an updated CV for an immediate start.
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515931