IT Security Specialist
Delt Shared Services have a great opportunity for an Interim Financial Accountant to join the Delt Team.
Delt is a commercial company owned by the public sector and working in the public interest. We deliver significant social-economic benefits to Plymouth, Devon and the wider South West peninsula. Do you have the experience of working in a dynamic environment and want to apply those Skills helping us grow?
The role will undertake various duties, across a range of threat detection, vulnerability identification and response, risk management, and audit responses. In addition, the role will be involved with ensuring that these activities meet agreed Service Levels.
The holder will promote and align working practices to support data protection and information security requirements as laid out in:
- EU GDPR / UK Data Protection Act
- Cyber Essentials
- Information Security Management: NHS Code of Practice
- NHS Digital Principles of Information Security
- NHS Codes of Practice and Legal Obligations
- GP IT Operating Model (current version 16-18)
- 2017/18 Data Security and Protection Requirements for Health and Care Organisations
They will also be involved with audit responses, primarily with NHS resources, including providing information to support the completion of customer organisation’s IG Toolkit submissions.
The role will hold relationships with key parties both inside and outside of Delt, providing an advisory service, as well as developing policy and process. A further requirement will be the definition of security practices and monitoring the success of these activities.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge across the information security domain, including information security standards and legislation on information security matters affecting the UK.
The will also show:
- A willingness to undertake appropriate and regular training as required.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrable experience working in a professional IT environment.
- Experience in providing a customer focused IT service.
- Experience and understanding of ITIL security management gained from working within an ITIL environment.
One or more of
- Degree level education in Information Security or sufficiently related subject
- Subject specific qualification, such as CompTIA Sec+, BCS CISMP, or equivalent
- Equivalent level experience within an IT Security role
- A full UK driving licence (or obtained within probationary period).
- Experience of providing an IT security service in a local government environment and/or an NHS environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518574