2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing IT service organisation as a 2nd Line Support Engineer based in Bristol.
My client is a growing IT services organisation based in Bristol, they are seeking a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join them on a permanent basis.
- Be responsible for Level 2 proactive support work, solving proactively-generated Managed-Services tickets. This will include maintaining backup infrastructure, server infrastructure (Windows Server based on Hyper V or VMware, or Small-Business Server and equivalents), networks, cloud and client operating systems via Cloud managed toolsets as well as traditional hands on methods.
- Be responsible for Level 2 Reactive Support work, solving Reactive User-generated tickets. This will include dealing directly with IT users and stakeholders both remotely and at client locations.
- Provide escalation support for level 1 tickets and assisting the level 1 team when deemed necessary due to volume of work or cover.
- Provide assistance to the project teams when needed.
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Actively mentor Junior staff members on the Service Desk. This will include inducting, training, monitoring, supporting and developing his or her team members knowledge and effectiveness.
- There will be a need to be part of an on-call rota in the future and a full UK driving licence is desirable.
- Experience in a 2nd line support role
- Ambition to push the skillset into 3rd line technologies includes cloud based environments.
- Experience working with Office 365 and Azure would be highly desirable
- Exposure to VMWare as a virtualisation tool
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2008-2016
- Excellent communication skills - ideally backed up with a customer facing IT role
£25,000 - £27,000 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517735