Agile Senior Software Developer, Richmond, West London
A career changing permanent opportunity to join one of the world's leading E-commerce brands as an Agile Senior Software Developer , as a member of their European development team shaping the future of global commerce, shaping how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world and keeping them safe
This is a client of choice and a "must have on CV", with double digit growth year on year in a fantastic location.
Location of the role is Richmond, West London W4.
The European Product Development (EPD) has teams in London and Berlin. They are part of a much larger Seller Experience group globally. They enable commerce at scale and have massive customer impact. Whilst doing all this, they are on a mission to globally improve technology, drive agile adoption and demonstrate customer-centric development.
The Seller Experience group is responsible for improving the experience of their 25 million sellers worldwide. To do this, they improve existing experiences and build new products to make the life of sellers better, no matter where in the world they are.
They are continually striving for the highest quality, and work in small focused teams following bits of Scrum, bits of Kanban, with a healthy dose of Extreme Programming (p.s these aren't buzzwords, they mean it when they say we do this stuff).
Their cross-functional teams have Product Management, all aspects of Product Development (including DevOps and Test), and UX all working together every day.
Work is a rewarding, challenging and inspiring experience.
So, what type of developer are we looking for?
- You will have an expert's breadth of experience in building high availability, scalable applications and RESTful API. You will be proficient in teaching and leading by example, and be comfortable mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- Developers decide the right tool for the job, so you should be comfortable doing this too. They have a lot fun discussing the merits of different technology and they want you to join and lead these conversations.
- You care about test-driven, clean code, delightful user experiences and all the lovely stuff that is involved with automatically tested, continuously deployed applications. You will enjoy pair programming on pretty much everything.
What our client offers:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humour.
- The chance to work closely with other teams in Europe, the USA and globally.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516469