IT Senior Desktop Engineer
Delt Shared Services have a great opportunity for an Interim Financial Accountant to join the Delt Team.
Delt is a commercial company owned by the public sector and working in the public interest. We deliver significant social-economic benefits to Plymouth, Devon and the wider South West peninsula. Do you have the experience of working in a dynamic environment and want to apply those Skills helping us grow?
We are currently seeking an experienced 3rd line Desktop Engineer within a busy team providing enterprise support to multiple large tenants at several sites across Devon.
The work is varied in nature incorporating a mixture of problem management, service improvement and project work. Duties will involve managing and administering the technology and tools used to provision and support client devices throughout their lifecycle. You must be highly experienced with the relevant technologies (Including SCCM, MDT, PowerShell), have a sharp eye for detail and an on-going appetite to maintain your knowledge.
The post holder will be expected to adhere to the following:
- 3rd Line Support for Windows Desktop OS, associated components and applications.
- 3rd Line Support for mobility platforms such as: Airwatch & InTune
- Technical evaluation, testing and deployment of new technologies, software and services.
- Escalation point for complex technical issues and root cause analysis.
- Management, configuration and deployment of the user and computer environments utilising toolsets such as Microsoft SCCM, MDT, MDOP, Active Directory, Group Policy, AppV and PowerShell.
- Asset Management and Reporting.
- To carry out proactive monitoring and quality assurance of all installed Client Devices.
- To provide technical leadership for Delt staff and its customers, across existing processes, new customer work, and project engagements.
Keeping up to date with industry trends, product life cycles and roadmaps to provide appropriate recommendations.
The post holder will be expected to have the following:
- A minimum of Microsoft MCSA or MCTS or equivalent
- Advanced experience of relevant Microsoft technologies including the following:
- Microsoft Windows OS
- Microsoft SCCM
- Windows Update (WSUS & SCCM)
- App Packaging (App-V, Scripted Installs, MSI)
- Group Policy
- Windows ADK
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of working in a desktop role within a complex ICT environment along with excellent knowledge of desktop, laptop and mobile device hardware, operating systems and protocols.
- Knowledge and proven understanding of multiple ICT areas encompassing 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
- Experience in providing a customer focused ICT service working within a complex ITIL environment.
- A full UK driving license.
- 37 flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holiday's with the option to buy additional leave.
- Flexi leave
- Up to 10% pension contribution
- Training and Development
- Onsite parking
- Subsidised events
- Charity leave
- Discounted shopping cards
- Childcare vouchers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518531