SQL Server BI Consultant - SSRS, SSAS, SSIS - London
Avanti’s key client based in London is seeking an experienced SQL Server BI Consultant to join a large digital agency. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining and developing their existing end to end data solution for a number of their clients, which will include data acquisition from 3rd party platforms, enterprise level ETL, SQL Server data warehouse schema and SQL Server OLAP Cubes.
- Own the operational processes that support the smooth running of client Data Platforms offering; improve and support SSIS packages, providing internal consultancy to resolve issues
- Help grow Data Platforms capacity; working with the Data Platforms Director to address competing requests from internal stakeholders, prioritising the project pipeline. Split time between development, business analysis, product & project management and administrative work
- Support the rest of Data and Technology and Data Directors teams in identifying opportunities to automate processes across the business with a view to realising efficiency and new revenue streams
- Work closely with the Analytics team to increase productivity around regular reporting and expedite ad-hoc queries.
- Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that Data is integrated, understood and practiced, by everyone involved
- Must be numerate, data savvy and have demonstrated a thorough and methodical approach to problem solving in your career to date
- Have absolute attention to detail, be highly organized and thorough
- Have 3+ years of experience in data management, specifically in development context (version control, testing, documentation, deployment processes)
- Able to demonstrate strong business analysis skills – the ability to understand and clearly articulate client requirements and translate them into a solution. As part of this, you must be very familiar with a range of development considerations (APIs, batch transfer formats, error handling, etc.)
- Be fluent in TSQL concepts and syntax
- Display a solid understanding of ETL processing, with significant experience in SSIS
- Have a good understanding of cloud computing and big data technologies
- Demonstrate experience in at least one programming language; preferably Python, C#.
- Strong expertise in data solution architecture, preferably based around Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, SSIS, Analysis Services, SharePoint etc.)
- Have a good understanding of data architecture design (relational DB design, star schema construction etc.)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515372