Audit & Accounts Senior
Audit & Accounts Senior - Chelmsford
- Amazing opportunity to work at a 5 Partner firm in the Chelmsford area.
- Incredible chance to work within an active, fast growing Practice.
- Superb opportunity to show your experience within Audit, reporting directly to the manager and partners.
- My client is an 5 partner firm, as well as being one of the most reputable practices in the UK with an excellent opportunity to strengthen your career within Audit, whilst working in a fast growing and energetic team.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Audit Senior:
- Planning the Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team.
- Preparing the audit assignment papers and budgets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Completing the audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stocktakes etc.
- Preparing bank and other certificates.
- Attending stock-takes.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations.
- Controlling the assignments and ensuring that each section of the assignment is completed within the agreed budget. Reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded.
- Managing the team whilst out on site to ensure team produces high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards and that end of job appraisals are carried out for the team.
- Presenting the Audit Manager with a complete assignment file with minimal review points.
- Accounts package drafted (letters/minutes/certificates etc).
- Detailed costing of time budget.
- Management Letter points.
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets on CCH.
- To liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries raised.
- Keep technically up to date.
- To be aware of developments concerning client affairs and to identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
- Cross sell other services to clients to contribute to incremental fee income for the Firm.
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department.
The ideal candidate for the Semi Senior/Senior accountant will be:
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified.
- 3-4 years experience within Practice.
- Experience within a Practice essential (5 Partner Firm is an advantage)
- Applicants must be a car owner.
- Highly IT literate including Sage and Caseware experience an advantage.
- First class communication skills and the ability to supervise and manage a team essential.
What's on offer?
- £40,000 - £50,000.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515476