Tool Maintenance Engineer
Venatu Consulting are currently recruiting for a Tool Maintenance Operative for a family run business in Wakefield. This role comes with great career prospects with the opportunity to progress to Supervisor.
Duties Include :
- The use of conventional Toolroom equipment e.g. surface grinders, manual milling machines, lathes etc.
- Ensure machine tools run at optimum efficiency, and provide solutions for improvement
- Aiding with the de-bugging of new tooling.
- The improvement of existing tooling.
- The maintenance and repair of press tools.
- Routine "clean and checks" to be done daily.
- The setting and running of power presses
- Ensure daily production targets are met
- Ensure IFS production and scrap records are maintained
- Ensure quality control procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all company procedures are followed
- The use of a pedestrian forklift
- Ensure quality control procedures are adhered to.
- To read and interpret technical drawings.
- Ensure all company procedures are followed.
- To teach any new starters/apprentices when required.
Health & Safety :
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained in your working area.
- Ensure all guarding and safety equipment is in place and used when needed.
- Personal protective equipment to be worn when required including safety glasses, steel toe cap boots etc.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge :
- Power Press Regulations certificate.
- Time served craft apprenticeship in a similar discipline, or relevant experience.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Effective communication skills.
- Motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and positive attitude.
- Excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Comfortable in being able work alone and/or within a team environment, contributing and sharing best practices, resources and ideas in order to continually improve.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary education
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516506