IT Support Analyst
A pivotal role, providing customer and 2nd line technical support to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware or software.
You will help to find and fix software and hardware problems, or any incident that is disrupting the IT systems or services that business users depend on. Usually, you will be working on incidents that have been escalated from front-line support on the service desk. Crucially the systems are live, and so the issues usually need prompt attention. Being able to stay calm and work under pressure is vital.
You will need a wide knowledge of the systems you are responsible for, the problems they tend to have and how to fix them.
Alongside incident resolution, you will also assist with other jobs including administration, monitoring and maintenance of systems, and installation and upgrades. Identify and diagnose issues and problems
- Identify software and hardware problems and repair
- Perform regular maintenance on hardware and software components
- Run diagnostic programs or use test equipment to locate the source of problems
- Communicate effectively with end users and customer management
- Maintain security and functionality through the application of programme temporary fixes.
- Network investigation
- Managing Video conferencing solutions
- Managing Skype for Business Phone System
- Working on your own to resolve issues and keep the business running
Skills & Abilities
- User Support – This means being able to:
- Effectively question users to establish symptoms
- User Experience and interrogate database for potential solutions
- Deploy support tools to systematically trace the source of error or technical failure
- Escalate complex or unresolved incidents.
- Record and track issues from the outset to conclusion
- Minimise interruptions in customers ability to carry out critical business activities
- Incident Management
- Identify and classify incident types and service interruptions to build the knowledge system
- Record incidents cataloguing them with symptoms and resolutions.
- Service Delivery
- Carry out maintenance to ensure stable and secure applications and IT Infrastructure
- Update operational Knowledgebase and log all service incidents
- Systematically analyse performance data and communicate findings to a senior team of experts
- Escalate potential service failures and security risks and recommend actions to improve service reliability
- Track reliability data against relevant service level agreements
- Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Listen to others to understand their point of view
- Confidently present messages in a clear and precise manner
- Share information with the team members to help them become more effective
- Structure wrote and oral communication to ensure clarity
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Service Capability – Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL Continual Service Improvement or ITIL Practitioner
- Configuring Windows Devices (70-697)
- Comp TIA A+
- Comp TIA Network+
- Comp TIA Security+
- Windows Server Operations and administration
- Active Directory administration
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516582