Assistant Engineering Manager
Assistant Engineering Manager / Maintenance Manager - Kent
£40,000 - £50,000pa (dependent on experience) + Benefits
About the Company:
- One of Europe’s leading Food Manufacturing groups.
- They employ over 3,000 people across 12 UK Manufacturing & Packaging facilities.
- Suppliers of private label and branded food products to the major retailers.
About the Role:
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Assistant Engineering Manager will take on the day to day responsibility for a team of 15 Maintenance Engineers.
- Manage the delivery of an effective Planned Maintenance system.
- Implement and coordinate continues improvement initiatives designed to improve machinery efficiency, minimise production downtime and reduce waste.
- Correctly allocate Engineering tasks so that immediate, short-term and long-term jobs are successfully completed.
- Support the Chief Engineer with the restructuring of the engineering department.
- Conduct appraisals with engineers and set individual training and development targets.
- Assist in the upgrade of the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Ensure members of the engineering team follow the correct Health & Safety procedures.
- Establish clear communication channels between engineering, production and quality departments.
About the Person:
- Previous experience operating at an Engineering Supervisor or Engineering Manager level.
- Working knowledge of the Food Manufacturing experience would be preferred, but not essential as other FMCG manufacturing sectors will also be considered.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to motivate others.
- Qualified to a minimum level of ONC/HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering.
Vacancy Ref: 2877
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517943