Project Engineer - Moulding
BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to be a leader in ‘advancing the world of health’
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team–orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
We are recruiting a Project Engineer - Moulding to implement cost reduction and continuous process improvement activities, also to maximise capacity constraint programmes for future business growth. You will effectively plan / track and manage the actions of multi-disciplined teams and external vendors to deliver projects within the time frame identified by the annual budget process.
These projects are to include material changes, capacity expansion and new product introduction (NPI).
As Project Engineer – Moulding, you will;
- Prepare accurate project schedules and capital appropriation requests for all projects.
- Liaise with the quality, regulatory, facilities, production and marketing departments to obtain their input and / or support to ensure projects are successfully initiated and validated within time frame and budget.
- Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity, quality, safety and efficiency. Innovate, design and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements, manage the selection of Vendors, placement of orders and track building progress through to Factory Acceptance Trials.
- Prepare / Manage manufacturing and validation document amendments in relation to process change and the introduction of new equipment.
- Coordinate the failure mode effect analysis process in order to carry out risk analysis of process changes. Provide operational and technical training as necessary.
- Utilise Six Sigma Methodologies (DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) and carry out Statistical data analysis to effectively scope and manage improvement activities.
- Ensure projects are compliant with Health and Safety legislation, environmental legislation, legislation appropriate to the medical device industry in both Europe and USA, and division / plant procedures.
- To coach and give direction to Engineering Associates under their control with regard to specific tasks and projects.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level (BSc or BEng) or have equivalent experience. You will have strong Project Management skills with a demonstrable track record of delivering projects on time and within budget. You will be a strong communicator and be able to give clear objectives, direction and guidance to associated Engineers. You will have good knowledge of Plastic Injection Moulding and related processes. You will be accustomed to working in a high volume manufacturing environment within a regulated industry.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and ‘advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button where you will be directed to our website to apply directly.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516528