Credit Controller (Construction Finance)
Job Title: Credit Controller
Salary: 16,000 - 21,000 per annum + amazing benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018
The company is the UK's largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. Through their network of 19 local offices, they handle annual client turnover of £5 billion since 2010, they have advanced more than £26bn to small and medium sized businesses throughout the country.
Formed in 1982, they are a member of the Asset Based Finance Association (ABFA) and support businesses in over 300 industry sectors. Globally, the company has operations in 44 locations, in 14 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, supporting more than 9,500 business customers worldwide.
In 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 the company was awarded a place in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 48th in the most recent poll. They are supported by their parent company, a 208-year old business-to-business services group involved in logistics, shipping and ship management, floating accommodation, hydrographic survey and geophysical services, offshore project management, retail and construction equipment hire.
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure the security and profitability of The Company through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of clients
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of clients
- To provide excellent standards of customer service internally and externally
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company
- Identifying and generating new business opportunities for the sales team to convert
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures security & profitability of a portfolio of The Company through efficient and effective Credit Control.
- Provides a high level of service whilst maintaining security.
- Proactively seeks to understand their clients to allow them to spot both warning signs and opportunities.
- Any other duties or projects commensurate with the level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Communication skills - Maintain high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email and in written communication
- Relationship building- establishes rapport - Establishes and maintains a professional + 'expert' relationship with clients through efficient credit control. Understands and is interested in client's business
- Provides excellent customer service - Manages credit control of client portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service + protecting Company's security
- Listen and interpret information - Good listening skills, understands how and when to action information, to the appropriate person
- Understand needs - Sees things from clients point of view; identifies clients' needs and has a sympathetic approach whilst protecting Company's security
- Attention to detail
- Decision-making - Sets credit limits within guidelines, makes recommendations/ propose decisions, back up decisions to line manager.
- Develop solutions, problem solve and agree things with people - Monitors collection performance. Recommends appropriate solutions
- Ability to say 'no'
- Takes initiative - Uses appropriate chasing techniques. Seeks to recommend alternative collection techniques. Takes responsibility for actions, Manages time and prioritizes work and plans ahead
- Use, develop and sell Bibby's products and processes
- Manages risk - Knowledge of clients business. Awareness of money laundering + data protection legislation. Monitors risk and possible fraud
- Numerate - Demonstrates an ability to work with numbers
- Financial understanding - General understanding of financial management/ audited accounts, manages risk
- IT skills - Intermediate PC knowledge. Good keyboard skills and competent user of Microsoft Office
Requirements of the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience, office environment, customer service experience
- Skills - Good communication, excellent customer service, attention to detail, IT.
- Qualifications - N/A
Desirable for the role:
- Experience - Credit Control experience in a financial service environment
- Skills - Managing risk, sales.
- Qualifications - Basic IT, customer service/ administration NVQ.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Payment Processing, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Supervisor, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, Financial Supervisor, Accounts Supervisor may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515987