Senior or Lead Website Developer (OOL and CMS)
- Full Time
This is a wonderful opportunity to join one of the leading global academic and educational publishing companies at a point in transition from print publishing to the new “Open Access” publishing digital platform. This is one of the most sought after sectors in IT today. Additionally you will be part of an exciting company where you will be working with colleagues in Los Angeles, Washington DC and Melbourne Australia.
This position serves as the Lead Web Developer responsible for :
-the overall architecture and long-term strategy of the corporate marketing platform.
- building strong relationships with stakeholders to develop a long-term technology roadmap.
- overseeing and setting priorities for internal developers.
- ensuring the team is performing at a high level.
- supporting integrations with back-end systems, such as CRM and financial systems.
- analyzing and defining technical requirements as needed.
- ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- ensuring GDPR compliance.
- maintaining robust back-up, escalation and disaster recovery plans.
- Expert programming experience in objected-oriented languages (OOL)
- Proven experience developing complex, global customer-facing websites
- Advanced knowledge of web content manage systems (CMS)
- Experience guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability
NOTE that the current system in play is using PHP and Drupal.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518123