2nd Line Support, Application Support, Scripting, Powershell, SQL
2nd Line Support, Application Support, Scripting, Powershell, SQL, Financial / Banking
An exciting and varied role working within a Major Brokerage House in The City …. Ideal candidates will come from a Banking / Financial Background with at least some Trade Floor / Market Data Support experience in a mixed Windows / Linux environment. Paying in the £20 to £32k region (skills dependant) + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits.
Whilst previous Financial experience is desirable it’s not essential providing a superb opportunity for a Junior / Intermediate candidate with the core Windows, Scripting, SQL and some Application Support to gain some invaluable Financial exposure and take their Technical skills to the next level.
Application Support Role Overview:
- Providing 1st / 2nd Line Desktop Support to Business Users / Traders.
- Supporting and maintaining a number of In House and 3rd Party Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems.
- Managing vendor system upgrades and implementation.
- Creating and deploy PowerShell scripts.
Core Skills Required:
- Windows Desktop – 7/8/10.
- Previous Application Support (Ideally Trading / Market Data).
- Shell Scripting – Ideally Powershell / SQL or Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Core knowledge of Databases – SQL Server / Oracle.
- Windows Server / Active Directory - 2008/12/16.
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience supporting Market Data or Futures & Options Trading / Settlement Systems.
- Some Linux / Unix System Administration – RedHat, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Knowledge of any of the ISV’s products - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION / Patsystems, Trayport.
- Exchange Connectivity – ICE / LIFFE, Eurex, CME / CBOT, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
- FIX Connectivity – Client On-boarding, Support / Troubleshooting of FIX Logs / Connections.
- Other Market Data – Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Ateo (Teo and Lisa).
Working in a vibrant environment with the opportunity to learn expand on existing as well as learn new skills with an excellent salary and benefits to include:
- Inclusion in Personal and Company Bonus + Overtime
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days.
- Health Care, Health and Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
If you’re an experienced 1st / 2nd Line Support Analyst looking for your next opportunity to grow your knowledge / career and learn new skills then apply in strict confidence or contact Neville Price at NP Associates for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516690