2nd / 3rd Line Support, Application Support, Powershell, SQL
2nd / 3rd Line Support, Application Support, Powershell, SQL, Financial / Banking
An exciting and varied role working within a Major Brokerage House in The City …. Ideal candidates will come from a Banking / Financial Background with some Trade Floor / Market Data Support experience in a mixed Windows / Linux environment. Paying in the £50 to £75k region (skills dependant) + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits.
Application Support Role Overview:
- Supporting and maintaining a number of In House and 3rd Party Trading, Risk and Settlement Systems.
- Support of Business users from 1st through to 3rd line Infrastructure Support.
- Managing vendor system upgrades and implementation.
- Creating and deploy PowerShell scripts.
- Previous Application Support (Ideally Trading / Market Data).
- Windows Desktop – 7/8/10.
- Shell Scripting – Ideally Powershell / SQL or Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Core knowledge of Databases – SQL Server / Oracle.
- Windows Server / Active Directory - 2008/12/16.
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
- Previous experience supporting Futures & Options Trading / Settlement Systems.
- Linux / Unix System Administration – RedHat, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Knowledge of at least one of the ISV’s products - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION / Patsystems, Trayport.
- Exchange Connectivity – ICE / LIFFE, Eurex, CME / CBOT, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
- FIX Connectivity – Client On-boarding, Support / Troubleshooting of FIX Logs / Connections.
- Other Market Data – Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, Ateo (Teo and Lisa).
Working in a vibrant environment with the opportunity to learn expand on existing as well as learn new skills with an excellent salary and benefits to include:
- Inclusion in Personal and Company Bonus + Overtime
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days.
- Health Care, Health and Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
If you’re an experienced Applications Support Analyst looking for your next opportunity to grow your knowledge / career and learn new skills then apply in strict confidence or contact Neville Price at NP Associates for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515463