Salary - Up to £40,000 depending on experience plus great benefits package
- To assist in the underwriting performance analysis of Underwriting across Personal and Commercial Lines.
- This role provides an opportunity for an individual with a strong analytical and operational background to develop and grow their business knowledge within the insurance sector.
The primary role is to provide regular analysis and insight for the client specifically:
- Use reserving techniques to project underwriting performance to an ultimate position
- Utilise a variety of software tools and data sources to analyse premium, claims and exposure trends
- Produce regular performance reports for senior management and insurer partners illustrating historic and future expected underwriting results, explaining movements and underlying causes
- Understand key performance indicators and provide insight and advice to management on areas where opportunities exist or other action is required
- Undertake reconciliation exercises with capacity providers
- Contribute to the development of analytical capability
- Provide support to all stakeholders on specific data or performance queries
- Previous experience in an analytical role within the insurance industry.
- Bright candidate with a numerical/financial background.
- Strong numerical, analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of multiple software applications with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of SQL and VBA an advantage.
- Resourceful and able to apply own initiative in resolving issues.
- Strong planning and organisation skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Team player with good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of colleagues/disciplines outside of the department.
If you would be interested in this role, please click "apply"
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516915