Chief Architect - London Markets and General Insurance
Chief Architect – London Markets and General Insurance
The role will have responsibilities running a small team of senior EAs who are providing architecture support across business development, bid responses and project delivery. The role will also work with client partners and account managers to identify potential requirements for architecture resources and establish working relationships with the architecture consulting and technology specialist teams to manage the supply of resources for client engagement.
- Senior client facing role - needs experience in presenting and communicating complex concepts to a senior business audience to win buy in
- Extensive UK insurance domain experience – 10 years minimum with experience in at least two of the following areas (retail, commercial, life, pensions)
- Demonstrable political and commercial awareness.
- Ideally mix of client side consulting and insurer/broker experience
Can demonstrate senior responsibility for defining enterprise solutions, working at a senior management level to engage with business and technology leadership to both define and deliver technology change projects
- Technical credibility built up through hands-on experience of delivering IT solutions
- Experience across architecture domains
- Technical Leadership – leading teams of developers and leading technical workstreams
- Experience of hands on architecture for example in integration technologies (ESB, ETL etc), CRM, eCommerce, billing, payments, web architecture, mobile, SOA
- Experience in performing complex analysis, consulting and providing technical recommendations
- Responsible for leading enterprise architecture within large projects
- Experience in working in a bid and proposal response environment, working knowledge of bid development process and development of cost/benefit cases, change roadmaps and resource profiles
Technical Skills Required
- Understanding of architecture governance, design authority processes and overall solution design management processes
- Proven ability and understanding of working in an off-shore delivery environment.
- Familiar with different SLDC development frameworks including agile and iterative.
- Knowledge and understanding of end-to-end design patterns and technologies.
- Appreciation of cross platform technologies and frameworks including J2EE, Microsoft, Oracle, , middleware/integration (ESB, XML, SOA, web services) and digital (web, mobile) technologies.
- Experience of UML, use Cases, modelling techniques
- Experience in TOGAF, Agile and Waterfall.
- Architecture Framework Qualifications (TOGAF, Zachman) desirable
We are only able to respond to successful applicants. Required IT operate as an employment agency and employment business and are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515547