Are you a developer who would love to work in the cyber security industry? Want an employer who will help you to gain respected accreditation?
My client, a household name in finance is looking to hire a Security Developer to help to grow their new application security team. They use primarily Java in their development and they are looking for an individual to get involved on both side of the work. Ideally you will be able to help the business as a whole code more securely, and get involved in building applications with security at their heart. They are offering unparalleled progression and training towards certifications like CISSP or technical qualifications further down the line.
- Become an integral part of the businesses software development life cycle, running security tools are part of a continuous integration programme
- Provide coding skills to help develop business critical applications, and ensure secure coding is used
- Be aware of relevant legal and regulatory standards
- Liaise between the security team and development team to ensure both are producing the best possible secure code.
- Facilitate cross group cyber education on an ad-hoc basis where necessary
Key Skills and Experience
- Background in application development
- Skills coding in a Java environment or a .Net environment
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Some exposure to code review is beneficial
- Understanding of the finance sector is advantageous
- Awareness of cyber security and ideally some exposure in a commercial sense
- Beneficial if the candidate carries any level of security certification
This is a opportunity to get experience working in a financial service cyber security department, and a change for a developer looking to get into cyber to join a global business and instantly have a pathway towards relevant security certification which you will be supported through.
If you feel you are a fit please email me on ****************************** or call me on *************
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517624