Indirect Tax Specialist
Indirect Tax Specialist - 219995
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The successful candidate will manage the indirect tax affairs of QBE European Operations. This will include compliance, reporting, advisory work, business partnering and the management of outsourced service providers.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the divisional Head of Tax and responsible for management of all indirect taxes within QBE European Operations
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate indirect tax computations and returns, notably UK VAT and IPT returns as well as some returns in other jurisdictions
- Liaise with QBE finance teams in local jurisdictions to ensure that indirect tax processes are maintained
- Manage outsourced and offshore providers of services relevant to indirect tax compliance and reporting. Potentially manage further outsourcing of indirect tax compliance
- Forecast indirect tax liabilities and ensure that all payments are made on time to contribute to effective financial management
- Leverage advice to provide indirect tax input on planning and transactions - as these matters arise - in order to identify relevant tax implications
- Contribute to the refinement of processes and procedures to improve the efficient processing of indirect tax matters
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that service delivery meets expectations
- Act as principal contact with HM Revenue & Customs on relevant UK indirect tax matters affecting the business. Liaise with other tax authorities as appropriate
- Maintain QBE’s FATCA compliance
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- 5 years PQE working within the indirect tax arena.
- Ideally holding a CTA qualification
- Insurance Sector expertise
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.Please click the ‘Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517898