Retail Sales Assistant
Job Title: Retail Sales Assistant
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Purpose of the Role:
To use appropriate methods to maximise sales and customer service levels. To ensure the shops are a safe, attractive and well run environment which promotes HRP and enhances the visitor experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To provide a high standard of customer care and service in line with HRP strategy and Cause.
- To use appropriate techniques to help customers make suitable purchasing decisions through excellent service and product knowledge, and maintain awareness of daily sales targets.
- To undertake safe and accurate acceptance of customer payment and carry out the daily cashing up of the tills and reconciliation as outlined in the Retail induction and training manual.
- To accept and action customer mail orders and advise on the completion of tax free documentation shopping.
- To maintain levels of ticketed merchandise in shops to satisfy daily demand and in line with the individual shop range plans.
- To professionally maintain displays of merchandise and ensure the regular rotation, housekeeping standards and stock count of all merchandise.
- To assess stock lines and make recommendations to improve sales to the shop manager
- To maintain clean and tidy stock room facilities and security of merchandise, ensuring any issues are reported to the shop manager.
- To follow HRP procedures in respect of merchandise, breakages/damages and accepting and checking deliveries/transfer of stock, ensuring that any discrepancies are reported to the shop manager, and all documentation is completed.
- To ensure deliveries from suppliers are correct and are accompanied by appropriate documentation.
Core Qualities and Behaviours (HRP's Performance Framework):
In addition to your main areas of responsibility, we have identified the core qualities and behaviours that are required from all our people for successful delivery of our Cause and Strategy. These qualities/behaviours are summarized below. Further details can be found in HRP's Performance Framework. Your role is primarily at level 1 of the Performance Framework.
- Ensure every customer (internal and external) feels delighted with their contact with the Company and the quality of the personal service/experience they receive.
- Manage yourself and others effectively through planning, organizing and anticipating problems ahead.
- Deliver work on time and to the high standards required, by taking ownership for outcomes, demonstrating pride in their achievement.
- Explore and try fresh, novel ways of doing things that are in keeping with the Organisation's Cause and add real value.
- Continually develop expertise in key areas of your role, to ensure delivery of high quality work.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the organisation, so that all your actions help achieve the best outcomes for the Company.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries to ensure the success of the Organisation.
- Support and guide your colleagues so they feel valued and inspired to succeed in achieving their objectives
In addition to Key Areas of Responsibility and Core Qualities and Behaviours above, you are also required to have read, understood and comply with the rules/standards contained in the Company's Code of Conduct. These include rules/standards of Health and Safety. The Code of Conduct can be found in your Staff Handbook.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client's careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Face to Face Sales, Retail, Customer Service, Sales Assistant, Customer Support, Sales Executive, Customer Service, Sales Agent, Customer Service Assistant, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Sales Consultant, Customer Service Executive, Sales, Product Specialist, Retail Sales Advisor, may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515685