Service Desk Manager
A Service Desk Manager with proven experience managing a service desk for a Managed Services Provider, this role is based in Central London on a permanent basis.
Role: Service Desk Manager
Salary: Up to £40,000pa
Location: Central London
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a position for an experienced Service Desk Manager who ideally will be qualified to graduate level.
The successful applicant will be a result driven Service Desk Manager with proven experience of service delivery within the terms of Customer SLA’s & managing and Service desk engineers and subcontracted third party providers
You will be responsible for managing a team of service desk engineers who provide quality support to our prestigious legal client customer base. You will ensure that excellent levels of technical support and customer service are provided across the organisation and measure relevant SLA's and KPI's.
As part of a team with wide a range of responsibilities and skill levels, you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and processes. The Service Desk Manager will work across 1st line interaction with customers managing service requests and incidents through to 3rd line resolution of complex problems.
Excellent communication skills are essential for this role. Previous experience of working for a Managed Service Provider is also essential.
Qualifications such as ITIL are desirable
- Experience of leading a Service Desk team
- Can demonstrate strong leadership skills and have the ability to implement structure and change
- Able to motivate and manage a team effectively
- Ability to interrogate data and provide statistics
- A technical background is essential
- ITIL certification at V2 or V3 would be an advantage
- Successfully managing and lead the service desk team, instilling a customer service culture that over delivers
- Effectively managing and developing staff, engineers and subcontractors including conduct, performance, attendance and capability
- Supporting the Operations Manager in establishing and maintaining an organised, structured and well-managed working environment
- Delegating incidents to relevant team members and other teams, ensuring incidents are worked efficiently within the agreed timeframe and enduring the service desk phone line is manned at all times
- Fostering client relationships and develop a culture of trust with our clients
- Liaise with the wider Operations team to ensure resources are allocated appropriately and are in line with customer needs
- Drive the service desk team and instil a customer service culture that over delivers
- Assist in managing rotas ensuring correct staffing levels for the service desk team
- Oversee the prompt completion of breached SLA tickets
- Track problem ticket resolution metrics against SLAs.
- Measure and report on service delivery performance metrics including customer satisfaction surveys and trouble ticket open, closed and breached statistics
- Review all customer complaints, rectify issues and liaise with appropriate departments to provide effective solutions
- Observe service desk operation techniques to determine how effective they are and implement new techniques when old ones are ineffective
- Identify issues and make recommendations that will improve our procedures and collaboration with other teams
- Develops and maintains knowledge of customer and customer specific business environment.
- Performs follow up on incidents with users to ensure customer satisfaction
Send your CV ASAP – Further Details on Application
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960513430