Full-Stack Developer - PHP, Angular/React, HTML, CSS
Job Title Full Stack Software Engineer
Location Southwark, London, UK
Job Type Permanent
Education Requirements Not Essential
About the Role
We're very proud to say that as a business, we have recently been recognised as the "Best Fintech Start-Up" in the UK, and have successfully raised over $3million in funding. We now have plans to grow significantly and are on the lookout for a for a Full-stack Software Engineer to join our growing team.
Our platform helps insurance providers to improve the quality of their decision making using an award-winning and patent-pending technology. we have received VC backing and are working with insurers such as Hiscox, QBE, MetLife, and Allianz.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer and working beside the software team, this employee will play a critical part in designing, building, refining and supporting our technology stack, providing the architecture to help the business grow. We want all team members to be open to new challenges and, as we are a startup, you can expect that your day to day role will involve a lot of other interesting problems to solve.
Requirements for the candidate,
- Building new, innovative products on both the frontend and backend
- Working with our existing development team on team projects
- Writing clean and efficient code
- Reviewing, testing, and debugging code
- Shaping the direction of our company
Ideally this hire will have strong motivation and be a self-starter & team player. If your candidate is looking to join a fast-paced start-up in the insurance industry this could be the place for them!
This organisation has a small team of 8 - 10 which means that this hire will play a key part in the growth of the company moving into 2018. The organisation is predicting growth of 200% this year.
The right candidate will have to be self-motivated but will be presented with the autonomy to manage and complete tasks whilst reporting directly into the Senior management. Alongside working hard, this team know that it's also important to enjoy coming to work.
Technical Skills - Essential REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience designing websites and user interfaces with a modern HTML and CSS framework
- Experience with PHP7 or Python
- Experience of both front-end and back-end development
- Experience in creating RESTful web services, and using other APIs (especially social media APIs)
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
Technical Skills - Advantageous –
- Commercial web-development experience
- Experience with the Laravel PHP framework
- Experience with the Flask Python framework
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with modern agile methodologies
Interview Process 3 Stage interview process.
Stage 1 - Initial meet and great with the CTO (1 hour)
Stage 2 - Technical test/Code Review (Depending on experience)
Stage 3 - Final meeting with the CEO and team
Salary - From £32,000 per Year
Salary - To £45,000 per Year
Additional Benefits Stock Options + Allowance for self-development and learning resources + Flexible working environment + Free Beer + Team Lunches
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515717