Service Desk Agent - Chesterfield
My client, a Global IT and Defence organisation are currently seeking a number of Service Desk Agents to take on a 2 month rolling contract at their site in Chesterfield.
Due to the nature of the role and the timescales and requirements given by the client, it is asked that candidates hold current government security clearance.
Please find below full details in relation to the role, as provided by the client:
The post holder will be a member of a team of Service Desk Agents providing a customer sensitive, responsive support, fault resolution and advice service, which ensures the maximum availability, performance and utilisation of information systems for customers on behalf of our client.
- To deliver a first line support service via the Service Desk, receiving incidents and service requests from various routes including telephone and e-mail
- Offering advice to end users and customers on all areas of IT, troubleshooting and ensuring desk standards are met. This will include working as part of a team, in order to share knowledge and work together to increase performance standards
- Actively troubleshoot to identify, assess, record, resolve and/or escalate incidents and service requests ensuring they are handled within an agreed time limit, within agreed processes and in a professional and customer sensitive manner
- Help to implement and improve processes and procedures within the team allowing strong service focused deliverables
- To improve users confidence in the use of computer software, being empathetic to a variety of new and experienced learners needs
- Provide information in line with knowledge base to assist the second line support team when contacts are unreachable
- You will manage tasks and activities which may require adjustments to priorities in order to satisfy business needs
- Work within defined deadlines as part of a team and on an individual basis ensuring assigned work is effectively managed
- Adherence of all policies and procedures in the employee handbook and other site specific policies and procedures including but not limited to: absence reporting and dignity at work
- Adherence of all policies and procedures which are relevant to contingent workers such as security training and site health & safety
- Any other relevant/related tasks as required by the needs of the business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960510445