Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller
Accounts Assistant & Credit Controller
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the day to day activities of the finance team, primarily credit control.
Credit control and customer queries (primary function)
- Pro-actively collect aged debt via telephone, letter and email
- Negotiate and manage payment plans
- Resolve customer queries
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve queries
- Update and maintain aged debt report on a daily basis and prepare weekly debt report detailing reasons for non-payment
Bank Account Reconciliation (daily)
- Post payments and receipts daily of money received in an accurate and timely manner
Update Cash flow forecast (daily)
- Assist with Processing Expense Claims
- Assist with Recording of Sales orders
- General day-to-day queries for all areas of finance
- Cover for Assistant Accountant during absences.
Qualifications & Skills
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent.
- AAT or CICM desirable but not essential
- Previous exposure within a credit control/income collection role
- Basic understanding of double-entry book-keeping
- Computer Literate - Intermediate level of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word, Outlook) and experience with finance packages
- Good Customer service Skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
Please send your CVs over today as they are looking to interview ASAP.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516704