Location: Central Haywards Heath
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Full Time Permanent
Study Support Opportunities
A leading and rapidly expanding group who have benefitted from a string of successive achievements and impressive accolades, including 42 award wins in the last three years alone, a Gold Standard award from Investors in People and Extraordinary status in The Sunday Times 100 Best Company to Work For, for four years running.
My client is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual with at least 1 year within an analytical commercial role interested in being apart with an innovative and forward-thinking organisation.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Develop statistical models for pricing and underwritingMake recommendations to product managers for action based on the results of the pricing modelsUse specialist software to monitor trends and complete impact analysisRegular maintenance and development of Radar pricing toolsCompare prices, products and conditions with the marketCarry out ad hoc data manipulation as required
- Maintain and develop MI reporting for key measures and factors
- Provide regular reports and analysis in a timely manner.
- Gather market information when required and collate for circulation within the business.
- Ability to analyse, understand and interpret data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate the results in a concise manner making recommendations where appropriate.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of SAS/SQL (or similar programming language) an advantage
- Willing to develop knowledge of underwriting systems, products and procedures
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to manage time effectively, demonstrate a high level of organisational skills and ability to prioritise work-loads, often working to set deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ensure that all tasks and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with our Values and Customer Service Charter
- Know, understand and apply the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and report any potential area of risk to your line manager
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably required by your line manager, working flexibly across other areas of the business
- Minimum 'A' grade at A-Level mathematics
- Minimum 2:1 Honours degree in highly numerical subject
Study Support Opportunities:
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to sit the actuarial exams and move onto a comprehensive study package subject to passing CT1 and meeting performance requirements.
What's on Offer?
Competitive base salary between £30,000 - £40,000 dependant on experience coupled with an excellent benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516918