Information Security Engineer
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
Role: Information Security
About Security Operations Technology Services
The global team owns, operationally supports and maintains infrastructure security systems that provide information protection, detection and reporting services across the Barclays Group.
Our vision is to deliver security controls to protect colleagues, customers and the company against the next generation of security threats.
- Barclays has deployed a substantial Splunk infrastructure across the global estate, collating security event logs from an extensive range of technologies and sources; Windows Server and Red Hat Linux, network and storage devices, as well as Oracle and MS-SQL Server databases.
- The overall job role will involve managing the GIS Splunk instance (GIS LogSec) and, as business needs adapt, take on responsibilities for managing further Information Security applications as required. The candidate will operate within Global Information Security – Security Operation Technology Services Team (GIS SOTS).
- Knowledge of Splunk, including managing Splunk infrastructure or other Log Management systems, Data Extraction and Application and UI development.
- A good knowledge of the Linux Server platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills; role will require engagement with a varied and global internal customer base
- Negotiation and prioritisation skills; role will require the ability to negotiate and prioritise activities with senior stakeholders based on available resources
- Scripting, particularly in Python and Perl
- Knowledge of the networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of PGP Universal and RSA Authentication Manager (or any other two factor authentication product)
- CISSP certification
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517058