Test Engineer – Smart Street Lighting
A leading Intelligent street lighting company searching for a Test Engineer in the Cambridgeshire area.
You will join a talented team working in a friendly but fast paced and responsive environment in an established company with a very strong track record of delivery. We are looking for professionals capable of validating high quality products in line with industry best practice.
Purpose & Scope
We’re expanding our System Test team to enable continued improvement of our industry leading PLANet street light control application and to expand into new applications for evolving Smart City platform. This is a chance to join a growing and profitable company at the cutting edge of commercial smart city and other wide area Internet of Things applications.
The job role:
- Execution of Manual testing (Functional and Regression) of various Web/Mobile based Applications, Products (Telecell, Base Station, Central Server)
- Automating the test cases by writing scripts (Python/Selenium)
- Documentation of software designs and review of software designs from peers
- Writing good quality test specifications in the Test Management tools
- Defect tracking and defect closure
- Performance and stress testing
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Deliver tested software to agreed time and quality targets
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Typically 2.1 degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
- Typically 5+ years’ relevant industry experience
- Understanding and experience of testing Web applications with databases
- Experience with common test automation design patterns, practices, tools, and frameworks e.g. TDD, BDD, Gherkin/Cucumber, Selenium etc.
- Experience of scripting, design, plans and analysis
- Sound understanding of different types of tests, their value, and where they fit into the software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience of Software Development in Java
- Experience of writing automated Test frameworks
- Experience of database development
In return we can offer a competitive package and an environment that will stimulate and challenge you to be at your best. This is an ideal opportunity to get involved with some interesting new products and technologies at an exciting time in our development.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960514722