Senior Test Automation Specialist
- The Service Engineering Operations (SEO) AD team is responsible for the development of the eTIS and Odyssey systems within the AD IT organisation. These systems support the Technical Authoring/Publishing, Diagnostics and Service Engineering processes as well as interfaces to numerous upstream/downstream systems. eTIS is used by all Service Dealers and Independent Operators in Europe to service our client's vehicles, whereas Odyssey is a global application managing the technical authoring workflows and translations
- Capable of working collaboratively as part of an Agile team and be able to provide technical guidance and leadership to testers (and other team members) in addition to recommending best approaches and patterns to implement test automation requirements based on their prior extensive experience
- Familiarity with Java SE 8 (or higher) core
- Eclipse based IDE (Eclipse, IntelliJ etc.)
- xUnit testing (such as JUnit)
- Understanding of Cucumber automated testing practices
- Familiarity with multiple web browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Maven/ ANT build scripts
- Ability to set up continuous integration for regular test runs; such as Jenkins, Hudson, uBuild etc.
- Software Configuration Management systems such as GIT, Subversion (SVN) and Accurev
- Ability to work alone, leading small teams, or liaising with other teams, delivering automated tests to rapid fixed deadlines
- You will be a self-starter with an ability to understand user requirements (typically User-Stories), and a track record demonstrating strong analytical, problem-solving skills and providing feedback to others on the approach to automate tests
- Practical knowledge of SQL and Oracle technologies
- Practical knowledge of a UNIX/ LINUX server environment
- Proven track record of demonstrating skills in the Agile/Object Oriented field (Test/Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Selenium, Cucumber etc.)
- Previous commercial experience
- Experience in automation suite implementations using Selenium/Cucumber or similar frameworks
- Experience with MS Windows and Unix/Linux/Solaris
- Experience of working as part of an AGILE application development team in a multi-language, large-scale environment. operating systems
- Prior development experience desired - ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Experience with Load and performance testing using tools such as JMeter Web services testing; using tools such as SOAP-UI
- Familiarity with Spring
- Familiarity with the HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) toolset, particularly QTP (Quick Test Professional), QF Test and QC (Quality Centre)
- Using Rally (or other agile backlog management tools; such as Jira)
- Experience with data staging tools and techniques to pre-populate data; so that data dependencies for test execution are met
- Experience testing rule engines or similar mathematical engines
- Experience testing complex product configuration systems
- Experience testing product information management (PIM) type solutions
- Experience with corporate policies; architecture, legal and security
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960515400