Lead Database Administrator - Greater Manchester - SQL Server
Lead Database Administrator - Greater Manchester - SQL Server DBA, SSRS, SSIS
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of database administrators, working in a fast-paced organisation who foster a collaborative and innovation-led environment. It would suit a senior DBA who is looking to combine their technical skills with management responsibilities.
Based a short commute from Manchester and the surrounding areas, this company operate in the Automotive sector, providing innovative solutions to businesses. They have been experiencing consistent growth which has cemented their reputation as a leader in their sector.
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced Database Administrator to take the step into leading a team of DBAs and taking ownership for the management, design and security of the company's databases, as well as being responsible for the development of the data warehouse and reporting infrastructure.
This role is a mixture of hands-on database administration, SQL development and people management. Sat within the company's core Finance and Operations department, and working in close collaboration with the Development team, the DBA team are responsible for assisting with data access for the bespoke systems, as well as reporting requirements for the business.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious DBA who is ready to take on a leadership position within a growing team. Strong skills in the below areas is essential for this position:
- Excellent experience of database modelling for transaction, data warehousing and reporting
- Strong troubleshooting, performance tuning, T-SQL and Powershell experience
- Excellent experience of SQL server administration
- Good knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, SSIS
- Experience of managing dev/test environments
Any experience with the following would be highly advantageous but not essential:
- Diagnostic or profiling tools e.g SQL sentry
- Familiarity with server and storage hardware
In addition to the highly competitive salary of c.£45k dependent on experience, the company also offer a range of excellent benefits:
- 5% non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday (and the option to buy/sell up to 5 days)
- Bupa health insurance
- Company car scheme
- Death in service
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517847