The Company is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. They employ 4,000 people across the UK. In addition to achieving ‘Investors In People’ accreditation, they won the Queens Awards for enterprise and international trade. They are entering a period of expansion offering exciting opportunities to work at the forefront of technology and now they are looking to appoint a Systems Engineer to join their team.
Key Skills: Systems Engineering; Product Lifecycle; Requirement Capture, DOORS, Matlab
The successful candidate will be required to undertake systems engineering responsibilities for the complete product lifecycle. They will be working with all project stake-holders, engaging and coordinating input from across multiple engineering disciplines and interacting with the customer.
They will be involved in all aspects of systems engineering from requirements capture, through system design to integration support, test and verification work, ultimately proving compliance to the initial requirement.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Experienced in systems engineering processes, life-cycle and procedures, including system specification and verification methods and procedures.
- Experience of development and test of airborne Electro-Optics systems is preferable, but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential, while experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of requirements management tools such as DOORS and mathematical modelling tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable, as is proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and other documentation tools.
- A strong background in mathematics, physics, electrical or mechanical engineering is essential with the ability to apply those skills in an engineering environment preferable.
- A degree in a scientific or engineering subject is required.
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516361