Financial Analytics Manager
Top-tier professional services firm requires new Manager/Assistant Manager for its successful and growing Newcastle-based Data and Analytics team that operates throughout the UK and is the largest of this company’s kind globally.
Working from a large city centre office and driving processes relating to data capture and analysis, your responsibilities will include:
• Planning, preparing and delivering a wide range of analytics for client engagements including general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, pensions, fixed assets, and other bespoke analytics.
• Delivery of analytics for over 100 clients, discussing analytical requirements by engagement to objectives, promoting new analysers and identifying opportunities where analytics can add value and efficiencies
• Preparing the timings, budget and scope of each engagement, aiming to deliver within those targets and to very strict deadlines
• Forming relationships with clients, ranging from local charities and SME’s to FTSE 100 companies, providing guidance and assistance on the most efficient way to provide high quality data, going onsite to extract personally if required
• Receiving data in many different formats and of varying quality, using a number of different tools to cleanse and prepare the data to perform meaningful analytics
• Handling more complex technical queries, acting as a key point of contact for internal and external customers
• Managing and improving workflow, supporting and developing colleagues and processes
• Identifying and supporting business development opportunities
You will need/be:
• Strong IT/Systems and Accounting skills gained working in a fast-moving, service driven environment - perhaps as a Systems Accountant or Systems Implementation Accountant
• Chartered accounting qualification preferred - ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent. Related IT qualification advantageous.
• A good understanding of Assurance/Audit
• Highly technically adept in and attuned with technology, ERP and Accounting systems/databases such as Sage, SAP, Oracle and Microsoft
• Advanced Excel, Access, SQL and/or Visual Basic skills/knowledge
• An industrious, dedicated and flexible approach with strong communication skills
• Customer focus and high levels of drive, confidence and initiative
• The ability to deal with high pressure situations and meet deadlines
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.