Supply Chain Manager - Retail
Supply Chain Manager - Retail
Based in Worksop
Our client is looking for an experienced supply chain manager or senior planner to lead a team of planners managing stock from DC to Store.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager within the Supply Chain Department at Head Office. The successful candidate must be capable of challenging, influencing and effective cross-functional working, whilst demonstrating a passion for supply chain management. You will manage global supply chain from l supplier through to customer purchase as efficiently as possible in order to maximise availability in store and SC, increase operational margin and ensure efficient handling of stock throughout the supply chain.
- Support the development and delivery of the Supply Chain strategy and budget control, ensuring a plan that drives efficiencies and new innovation for the business including negotiating with internal stakeholders and other third party providers.
- Lead, develop and coach the customer service, planning, warehousing and third party logistics teams, to ensure both operational and compliance targets are met, whilst ensuring day to day performance is achieved and sustained.
- Lead, motivate and develop a central team of demand planners in order to ensure they hit their targets and develop their capability.
- Provide supply chain and replenishment expertise and share best practice on company wide projects involving the supply chain, to ensure projects are delivered on time and to specification.
- Accountable for in stock availability within the service centres within a working capital budget. Vendor management to deliver inbound service levels within the group.
- Support transformational activities to drive improvements both within the Warehousing / Third party Logistics, Customer Service, Planning and Procurement functions and across Operations team ensuring improvements outside the business with customers and suppliers alike.
- Build, maintain and manage effective supplier relationships both through reviewing targeted performance and planning for future stock activity in order to maximise supply chain savings, efficiencies and availability.
- Responsible for supplier orders, forecasting and replenishment with thorough understanding of Wilko systems including SAP.
- Analyse a range of data across the supply chain and create tactical, operational and financial plans for stock on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis to maximise sales and availability, set budgets, forecast sales and purchases.
- Builds and maintain a broad range of internal relationships and work in collaboration across the business in order to influence key stakeholders in projects associated with the supply
- Prior experience operating at management level desirable but will consider Senior Planner
- Proven experience in the Retail Industry desirable.
- Proven experience with a similar supply chain role desirable.
- Experience of supply chain management and commercial awareness.
- Strong warehousing and third party logistics experience.
- Strong stakeholder and supplier management experience with a good track record of continuous improvement.
- Able to analyse data and IT literate
- SAP retail systems knowledge and experience
- Experience of retail trading periods
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills (GAP / Karass training course)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team leader
- Must be able to work independently
- Sound Decision making skills
To apply for this position please forward a copy of your CV with salary requirements to email@example.com