KS2 Teacher - Full-time
Start Date: Sep 2018
The Governing Body of this successful two form entry Primary School are seeking to appoint a Class Teacher
We are looking for:
- A reflective and caring practitioner who aspires to excellence in all aspects of their role; using action research approaches to develop practice
- A great role model who motivates and inspires pupils, exemplifying the Blean Teacher Standards
- An excellent knowledge of Primary pedagogy and a creative approach to its implementation. Experience of Teaching upper KS2 desirable.
- An extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum
- A first-rate team player with the ability to enthuse and motivate
- Enthusiasm, commitment and a sense of humour!
We can offer:
- Highly motivated, well behaved and enthusiastic children
- A dedicated team of staff willing to learn from and with each other
- Opportunities to develop your leadership role in order to take the next step in your career
- Supportive parents and carers with high expectations
- A leadership team who are committed to making the school the best it can be
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers. The recruitment process will include a lesson observation and interview.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged so that you can see at first hand why we are so proud of our school. Please email or telephone 01227 471254, option 5, to book one of the following dates:
Thursday 29th March at 9.30am
Wednesday 18th April at 1.30pm
We are committed to Safer Recruitment. All appointments are subject to the relevant recruitment checks.
This is a rolling advert. Candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed as applications are received.
Closing Date: 20/04/2018 at 12:00
Interviews: w/c 30th April 2018
Information about the school
We are a popular, creative and imaginative school set on the outskirts of Canterbury on a spacious site. Ofsted judged us as ‘Outstanding’ in our recent Inspection (March 2016); with leadership described as ambitious an inventive. Leadership at all levels was recognised as a strength and our Forum Group praised as a ‘dynamic, expert, passionate and creative group of middle leaders’. We are an inclusive school and all our children, including those with special educational needs and children who are less advantaged, make excellent progress and achieve highly.
We have a strong track record of collaborative working with the EduCant group of schools and in providing high quality professional development through our Learning and Development Centre. Teaching is of a consistently high standard and we use action research based enquiry as a tool to reflect and improve practice. If you feel you have the skills and knowledge to support us in the next phase of the school’s development and would like to know more about our school visit our school website.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.