Scientific Project Executive
Our client’s continued success has led to expansion in both the range of services that they offer and their global presence. They are now looking for a talented and enthusiastic Scientific Project Executive to join their team in London.
You would be working for a global company that specialises in developing national and international independent medical education programmes, both accredited and non-accredited. They are known for their strong scientific knowledge, long-standing relationships with physicians and medical societies, and an innovative approach to medical education across projects ranging from e-learning to international symposia, to publications across a myriad of therapy areas.
Using your project management skills and scientific expertise, you will support the team in the day-to-day delivery of medical education programmes live, online and in print. Key responsibilities will include researching information from a variety of sources to identify educational needs, and designing programmes that address these needs for continuing medical education (CME) applications. You will also have responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with scientists and clinicians to ensure delivery of high-quality products.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, their talented team flourish in a friendly and informal working environment. They are committed to developing the team to their full potential through a combination of in-house and external training. There are excellent opportunities for career and personal development, including opportunities to transfer your skills to other offices around the world.
- Under the supervision and guidance of a senior team member, assists in the management of medical education initiatives, including live events and enduring programmes
- Creates timelines, project status reports and contact reports following internal and external meetings
- Assists in co-ordinating the project team and internal briefings, including creative, digital, production, conference and travel
- Critically reviews and amends own work for accuracy before forwarding onto team or faculty
- Sources and generates estimates for projects in consultation with relevant company departments, and reconciles projects with analysis and commentary as required
- Fully understands and demonstrates adherence to international, national and industry-specific compliance guidelines (e.g. ACCME, EACCME, gCMEp, GPP, IFPMA codes of practice)
- External liaison with supporters and external experts in face-to-face meetings and teleconferences, as required, under the close supervision of a senior team member
- Contributes to new business proposals under the guidance of senior team members
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Life science degree is essential, ideally combined with a higher qualification (e.g. MSc, PhD)
- Previous experience within a medical communications or education company
- Demonstrable project and financial management experience
- Ability to contextualise scientific/medical information
- Excellent written English and attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading publisher with over twenty years of experience who maintain an academic focus rooted in peer-review principles.
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on *************
This job was originally posted as www.emedcareers.com/job/960481933