Job Coach - Foundation Pathways - Highbury College
Job Coach – within Foundation Pathways
The main aim of the Job Coach is to support our students in the workshops/classes and to secure their work experience placement. This involves helping them to develop the knowledge and skills to prepare for the world of work.
Hours per week: 37 hours (Term Time only)
Weeks per year: 36 weeks per year
Salary: £18,000 FTE (£14,095.69 actual)
Location: Highbury Campus and Northarbour Campus
We seek a dedicated & enthusiastic individual who can engage with hard to reach students. The successful candidate will have good practical (DIY) skills as well as possessing both organisational and communication skills. This role would suit someone who is keen to develop a career in education and teaching.
The level 1 courses delivered by Foundation Pathways include -
-Multi-Trades (Painting & Decorating, Carpentry & Joinery, Plastering and general building skills)
-Health & Social Care
This course involves a mixture of classroom based delivery on the theory elements of the Multi-Trades as well as employability skills and the practical sessions in the workshops. You will support the Sector Lead to increase the provision through developing networks with employers and schools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Post:
- Develop a positive working relationship with hard to reach students both within the workshops and classrooms
- Support groups of students throughout their courses whilst raising their confidence and ambition
- Supporting students with securing their work placements
- Ensuring that all paperwork and checks are completed prior to the start of the placements
- Assessing students’ work and assisting them to complete their course workbooks
- Delivering set lessons such as tutorials and employability
- Assisting students to produce and collate evidence for portfolios
- Contribute to reports and reviews with parents, carers and external organisations
- Develop and maintain links with partner employers and schools
Highbury College offers extensive support to new staff including:
- A thorough Induction programme including opportunities to shadow the existing staff in the workshops, support to deal with student issues and opportunities to practice theory delivery
- Regular support and coaching
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Support from the College to focus on CPD
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a world-class pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
- Discounts throughout the College including gym membership, hair and beauty salons, an online discount website, Hovertravel to and from the Isle of Wight
The working environment:
- You will be working within a friendly and supportive team who are specialist experts
- You will be working for a Grade 1 outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
- You will be working for Foundation Pathways who work hard to support the students to build their confidence and self-esteem so that they feel ready to progress
A good knowledge of the Multi-trade skills
Experience in assessing and coaching young people
Experience of pastoral support for students
So if you think you have the skills and experience we look forward to receiving your application. Further information about this role can be found in the Job Description.
The deadline for this vacancy is Sunday 15th April 2018.
Please note: If you require any additional support with the completion of your application please contact the HR department on 02392 328910.